Saturday, January 10, 2009

My first Assignment for EAP..hehee;p

The Journey of Finding THE Book

~This is the day, 25th December 2008, it is holiday! With Alia and Lisa, we planned our journey to be after Zuhr prayer. Before embarking on the journey, I managed to borrow a car from my friend. It was a manual kancil car. It’s manual! We start to depart from our Mahallah Maimunah’s second parking lot around 2.30pm. It was quite tiring for me to get the car key first from my friend, because her room is in the fourth floor and mine is at the ground floor. And I was thinking for her to just throw the key to me from her room. But however, I don’t think it’s proper for me to ask something like that from her. So, I pushed myself up to her room, just to get the small car key. Then, I arrived to the car, started the engine, trying to move it without changing the gear. A few seconds later, I realized that the car is manual. I forgot!

~When the clutch is pressed and the gear handle is pushed forward, slowly pressing fuel paddle moved the car. I started driving comfortably, a topic of conversation appear in the car. We talked and talked until we arrived to the last traffic light almost arriving to our destination. It was quite a jam there. A lot of cars were also on the way to our destination, which was the Kuantan Megamall. After that, it was also hard for us to get the parking space. There was a long queue to the parking lot provided within the Megamall. In addition, the parking lot is really up high in the building. We need to get through few circles of journey just to get to the parking lot. Thinking that I’m driving a manual, I was really worried to drive up high in that building. So, I decided to try and find the parking space just around the building, near the entrance. After few minutes, we managed to get one space. Even though it’s not a legal space, I just parked the car there because it near to the entrance and it doesn’t bother the traffic flow. Just coincidentally, the parking space was also near to the Popular Bookstore within the Megamall, our main destination for today. Thus, we enter the store together and my mind started to think of what book is suitable for me to read?

~Suddenly, I saw a pile of books being sold in a large tray with 50% discount tag on it. The discount tag really caught my attention. I started searching for titles or cover of book which might interest me. At first, I get a hold to a book, entitled “swim with the sharks without being eaten alive”, written by Harvey Mackay. The testimonies on the back of the book triggered me to pick it as one of my target. Then I started to walk to other sections of books within the store. I found another book entitled, “Hysterical Blondeness”, by Suzanne Macpherson. For this second book, I was really attracted to the colour of the book cover. Its colour is my favourite colour, which is lavender. After reading the synopsis of this book, I decided to buy both books I picked. Both of the books have different genres. The first one is about motivations in life and the other one is for leisure.

~After buying some books, we went back from the Megamall to the Mahallah. I started reading the first book in my room, but I almost slept. So, I switched and read the second book. I find it to be more interesting than my first book. Hence, by this time, I decided to finish reading the second book only, probably due to its simple language and easy-to-grab story flow. Finally! The chosen book is entitled “Hysterical Blondeness”, by Suzanne Macpherson.

p/s:hahaha...mind my language please..it has been ages since i wrote essay for english purposes..huhuu;p

4 comments:

Kunangsepi said...

1st of all..assignment EOP la..bukan EAP kena baca novel..

kedua..ko xgeti link ke..ni url blog aku..

http://kunangsepi.blogspot.com/

AzKeeY said...

huhu..mne ad...ko lupe kot..aq x amek eap lg cane nk amik eop??huhuu

Kunangsepi said...

la..nape tak amek lagi..bukan kita ramai2 amek EAP sem lepas ke???

AzKeeY said...

huhu..ko mmg mne pnah nk sedau aq ad ke xde kt kelas..huhuh:p